Shri PujaOne should take one's rosary, which may be made of pearl, beautiful emeralds, lotus seeds, rudrakshas, crystal, coral, ruby, red sandalwood and so forth. Having made oneself like Tripura, smearing oneself with kumkum, aguru, camphor and musk, one should recite the mantra 100,000 times. This liberates one from great sins -
Om, I bow to the elephant headed god
1. Rise early, sit in the lotus position, perform pranayama and worship Guru through his Shakti:
Aim Klim Shrim Ha Sa Kha Phrem Ha Sa Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yum Ha Sa Kha Phrem Ha Sa Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yim Hsauh Shauh [Guru's name] Anandanatha Padukam Pujayami
Meditation - Seated in the white 1000 petal lotus, dressed in white, with two eyes, two hands, granting boons and dispelling fear. His Shakti sits on his left thigh, She has two hands, one holds a white lotus, the other holds Her partner in tight embrace.
Then offer the objects of the senses through the Shakti - smell as perfume, sound as flower, touch as incense, sight as light, taste as food. Then bathe with the Gayatri of the Devi:
Tripurasundari Vidmahe Kameshvari Dhimahi Tannah Klinne Prachodayat (1)
Use this Gayatri 108 times whilst meditating on Her in the heart. Then make an offering to Martanda Bhairava (2), offering a handful of water mixed with red flowers and sandal, whilst kneeling and uttering:
Hrim Hamsah Martanda Bhairavaya Prakasha Shakti Sahitaya Idam Arghyam Namo Namah (3)
2. Bow to the lords of the Directions (4), to the Yoginis (5), to the Lord of Soil (6), to Ganesha (7), to the boy Vatuka (8), and then make an offering to the Elements:
Om Hrim Sarvavighnakrit Sarvabhutebhyo Hum Svaha (9)
Then remove all obstacles with:
Aim Klim Sauh Astraya Phat (10)
Place the water pot yantra on the left, and place the pot with water on it. The base represents Fire, the pot Sun, and the nectar Moon (11). Say:
Aim Klim Sauh Mahatripurasundarya Arghyapatrasanam Sadhayami (12)
Invoke the presence of amrita into the pot from the Sun. Then cover with the hands. Meditate on the letters of the alphabet forming a triangle in the centre of the pot (13). Worship Ananda Bhairava and Suradevi in the pot:
Ha Sa Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yum Ananda Bhairavaya Vaushat. Sa Ha Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yim Suradevyai Vaushat (14)
Aim Klim Sauh Amrite Amritodbhave Amriteshvari Amritavarshini Amritam Sravaya Sravaya Svaha! (15)
Then purify with the mantra:
Aim Vada Vada Vagadini Aim Klim Klenne Kledini Kledaya Mama Kshobham Kuru Kuru KIim Sauh Moksham Kuru Kuru Svaha (16)
3. Visualise earth dissolving into water, water into fire, fire into air, air into aether, aether into 'I am', that into Buddhi, Buddhi into Prakriti, Prakriti into the Absolute. Visualise the angry black man in the left side of the abdomen. Think of the purple bija Yam on the left nostril and inhale 16 times to dry up, then red Ram in abdomen with 64 retentions (to burn), then white Vam in forehead with 32 exhalations (to wash), then yellow Lam in the adhara. Deeply concentrate on the regions of Fire, Sun and Moon, and on the Devi as the Fourth in the Bindu.
Then protect with the mantra:
Om Hrim Hamsah So Aham Svaha. Aim Klim Sauh Tripurasundari Mam Raksha Raksha (17)
4. Wash the hands with the mantra:
Am Am Sauh
Hrim Klim Sauh Shri Mahatripurasundari Devyatmasanaya Namah (18)
Haim Hklim Hsauh Shri Mahatripurasundari Chakrasanaya Namah (19)
Hsaum Hsklim Hssauh Shri Mahatripurasundari Sarvamantrasanaya Namah (20)
Hrim Klim Blem Shri Maha Tripura Sundari Sadhyasiddhasanaya Namah (21)
Then perform the nyasa using thumb and middle fingers:
Aim Klim Sauh Shri Mahatripurasundari Hridayaya Namah (22)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mahatripurasundari Shirase Svaha (23)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mahatripurasundari Shikayai Vashat (24)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mahatripurasundari Kavachaya Hum (25)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mahatripurasundari Netratrayaya Vaushat (26)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mahatripurasundari Astraya Phat (27)
At this stage other nyasas may be performed.
5.Then meditate in the heart, saying: I meditate on Shri Shri Mahatripurasundari as having four arms, three eyes, and holding noose, good, flowers and bow.
Then take Devi via the left nostril onto a flower with the bija Yam, and place the flower on the yantra, image, or disciple. Say:
Hsaim Hsklim Hssrauh
Make the gesture of bringing the Devi into the yantra. Offer three handfuls of flowers saying:
Aim Klim Sauh Maha Tripura Sundari Shri Padukam Pujayami (28)
Offer three libations of consecrated liquid with:
Aim Klim Sauh Maha Tripurasundari Shri Padukam Tarpayami (29)
Then say the following:
O Devi, may You be kind to me, and accept this worship, as I, though poor physically as well as in material resources, offer it in a devotional spirit.
Then present the nine mudras, afterwards offering flowers, incense, light, food, wine, and praise. Then perform circumambulation, either triangular, hexagonal, half moon, circular, staff like, eight limbed, or terrific. (30)
6.Then worship the Yoginis in the different chakras of Shri Yantra starting with the outermost line of the Bhupura:
Aim Hrim Shrim Anima Siddhi Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Do the same with Laghima. (31)
Then worship the Shaktis in the middle line with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Brahmi Matri Devi Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Do the same with Maheshvari &c. (32)
Then worship the Mudra Shaktis of the inner line with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Sarva Sankshobhini Mudra Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
. Do the same with Sarvavidravini &c. (33)
Having worshipped these Prakata Yoginis in the Trailokya Mohana Chakra, with their Mudras, Siddhis, Weapons, Shaktis on Vehicles, with their attendants, with all their worships and libations, take a flower in the Anjali Mudra, and say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Am Am Sauh Tripura Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Then the Sarvasankshobhini Mudra should be displayed with the mantra Dram. Then say:
O Devi, bestow on me the desired siddhi, I seek refuge in the compassionate one. Through devotion, I bestow on You the first avarana worship.
7. Worship the 16 Kala Shaktis (34) then, going anti-clockwise with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Kamakarshini Nitya Kala Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Do the same for Buddhyakarshini etc.
Thus having worshipped the Gupta Yoginis in the 16 petal Chakra with their mudras &c, one should say:
Aim Klim Sauh Tripureshi Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Then the Sarvavidravini Mudra should be displayed, with its mantra Drim. Say:
O Devi bestow on me the desired siddhi &c. Through devotion I bestow on You the second avarana worship.
8. Then worship the Shaktis of the eight petal lotus (35) with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Ananga Kusuma Devi Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Do the same for Anangamekhala &c.
Thus having worshipped the Guptatara Yoginis in the eight petal lotus with their mudras &c. one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim Klim Sauh Tripurasundari Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Then one should display the Sarvakarshini Mudra with its mantra Klim. Say:
O Devi bestow &c.
9. Then worship the Shaktis of the 14 angle Chakra (36) with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Sarvasankshobhini Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah.
Do the same for Sarvavidravini &c. Thus having worshipped the Sampradaya Yoginis in the 14 angle (chakra with their mudras &c. one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Haim Hklim Hsauh Tripura Vasini Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Then display the Sarva Vashankari Mudra with its bija Blum. Say:
O Devi bestow &c.
10. Then worship the Shaktis of the outer 10 angles (37) with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Sarva Siddhi Prada Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Do the same for Sarva Sampatprada &c. Thus, having worshipped the Kulakula Yoginis in the outer 10 angle chakra with their mudras &c., one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hsaim Hsklim Hssauh Tripura Shri Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Then one should display the Unmadini Mudra with its bija Sah. Say:
O Devi &c.
11. Then worship the Shaktis of the inner 10 angles (38) with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Sarvajna Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Do the same for Sarvashakti &c. Then, having worshipped these Nigarbha Yoginis in the inner 10 angle chakra, one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim Klim Blem Tripura Malini Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
One should display the Great Ankusha Mudra with its bija. Say:
O Devi &c.
12. Then worship the eight Vak Devatas of the eight angled chakra (39) with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim Shrim Am Am Im Im Um Um Rm Rm Lm Lm Em Aim Om Aum Am Ah Blum Vashini Vagdevata Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah; Kam Kham Gam Gham Nam Klhrim Kameshvari; Cam Ccham Jam Jham Nam Nvlim Modini; Tam Tham Dam Dham Nam Ylum Vimala; Tam Tham Dam Dham Nam Jmrim Aruna; Pam Pham Bam Bham Mam Hslvyum Jayini; Yam Ram Lam Vam Jhmryum Sarveshvari; Sham Sham Sam Ham Lam Ksham Kshmrim Kaulini Vagdevata Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Thus having worshipped the Rahasya Yoginis in the eight angle chakra with their mudras &c. one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim Shrim Sauh Tripura Siddha Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Then show the Khechari Mudra with the bija Hssvphrem. Say:
O Devi &c.
13. Then, in the space between the eight angles and the trikona, one should worship the weapons of Shri Shri Devi with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Dram Drim Klim Blum San Sarvajambhanebhyo Banebhyo Nama Bana Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (40)
Aim Hrim Shrim Dham Sarvasammohanaya Dhanushe Namah Dhanush Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (41)
Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim Sarvavashikaranaya Pashaya Namah Pasha Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (42)
Aim Hrim Shrim Krom Sarvastambhanaya Ankushaya Namah Ankusha Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah(43)
Thus the worship of the weapons. Then worship the three guna Shaktis in the trikona with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Vagbbavamuccharya Agnichakre Kamagiri Pithe Mitrisha Nathatmaja Kameshvari Devi Rudratma Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (44)
Aim Hrim Shrim Kamarajamuccharya Suryachakre Jalandhara Pithe Shashtisha Nathatmake Vajreshvari Devi Vishnvatma Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah. (45)
Aim Hrim Shrim Shaktibijamuccharya Somachakre Purnagiri Pithe Oddyana Nathatmake Bhagamalini Devi Brahmatma Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (46)
Thus having worshipped the Atirahasya Yoginis in the central trikona, one should say:
Aim Hrim Shrim Hsraim Hsrklim Hsrsauh Tripuramba Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
One should then say
Aim Hrim Shrim Hsauh
and show the Bija Mudra. Say:
O Devi &c
14. Then Shri Shri Devi should be worshipped in the Bindu with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Shri Mulamuccharya Brahmachakre Oddyana Pithe Charya Nathatmake Shri Maha Tripurasundari Devi Parabrahmatma Shakti Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah (47)
Having worshipped Shri Shri Lalita Devi in this manner, one should do so again saying:
Aim Hrim Shrim Ka E I La Hrim Ha Sa Ka Ha La Hrim Sa Ka La Hrim (bija) Shri Lalita Maha Chakreshvari Shri Padukam Pujayami Tarpayami Namah
Having worshipped thus, the Yonimudra should be displayed with its bija Aim.
O Devi bestow on me the desired siddhi &c. Through devotion I bestow on You the ninth avarana worship.
15. Then perform japa of Panchadashi a minimum of 108 times. Sprinkle the rosary with consecrated nectar saying:
Aim Mam Male Mahamale Sarvashakti Svarupini Chaturvargastvayi Nyastastasmat Me Siddhida Bhava (48)
Hold it in the right hand with:
Glaum Avighnam Kuru Male Tvam (49)
Rotate it in japa without using the index finger.
16. Then the Yoginis should be worshipped in the South East with:
Yam Yoginibhyah Sarvavarna Yoginibhyo Hum Phat Svaha (50)
The mudra is left thumb, mid finger, and ring finger all touching.
Then Kshetrapala should be worshipped in the South West with:
Ksham Kshim Kshaim Kshaum Kshah Kshetrapala Dhupadipadisahitam Balim Grihna Grihna Svaha (51)
The mudra is left hand fisted and index finger outstretched.
Then Ganesha should be worshipped in the North West with:
Gam Gim Gum Ganapatye Varavarad Sarvajanam Me Vashamanaya Balim Grihna Grihna Svaha
The mudra is left hand fisted, mid finger raised.
Then Vatuka should be worshipped in the North East with:
Blom Vatukaya Nama Ehi Ehi Deviputra Vatuka Natha Kapilajatabharabhasvara Trinetra Jvalamukha Sarvavighnan Nashaya Nashaya Sarvopacharasahitam Balim Grihna Grihna Svaha
The mudra is left thumb joined with the ring finger.
17. Then make offerings to gods, men, ancestors, Yakshas (54), yakshas (55), pishachas (56) and the elements, finally offering the self with:
Itah purvam prana buddhi deha dharma adhikara jagrat svapna sushuptishu manasa vacha karmana hastabhyam padbhya mudarena shishna cha yatsmritam yakuktam yatkritam mam madiyam sakalam tvayi brahmanyarpitamastu Svaha (57)
Then merge the Devi 's attendants in the Devi, then the Devi into the flower, and with the Aether bija take Her through the right nostril back into the heart.
18. Then worship Shoshika with:
Aim Hrim Shrim Namo Bhagavati Matangeshvari Sarvajanavashankari Svaha (58)
Offer curds, white mustard, and rice into Her rectangular Homa fireplace.
Offer the remainder to Shoshika, drink some of the water, rubb one's head with what remains after that. Then offer to Martanda Bhairava with:
Hrim Hamsah Martanda Bhairavaya Prakasha Shakti Sahitaya Idam Arghyam Namo Namah
The knees are to touch the ground (59).
19. Wash the altar with water, then throw remainder near the root of a plant.
Offer food to Guru and Gurushakti, or to the Kumaris (60) present, the remainder being eaten by the sadhaka.
1. Let us meditate upon Tripurasundari. Let us contemplate Kameshvari. May that Wetness direct.
2. The Sun. Meditation: Red as coral, four faces with three eyes in each, holding cleaver, lotus, chakra, dart, noose, goad, rosary and skull. The left half of his body is that of his Shakti. On his head is a jewelled crown, and he wears a bright garland.
3. Hrim Hamsah to Martanda Bhairava with his Shakti Illumination, I give this offering, hail.
4. The Lokapalas, 10 in number.
5-8. The Yoginis, representing the seven dhatus, are in the SE, Kshetrapala who rules the place is in the NW, Ganesha is in the NW, the boy Vatuka is in the NE.
9. Om Hrim to all the Elements who make all obstacles Hum Svaha.
10. Aim Klim Sauh to the Astra Missile Phat!
11. These are the three centres in the body, the Fourth pervades them all.
12. Aim Klim Sauh I make the place of Maha Tripura Sundari's vessel of offering.
13. Vowels on the top line, Ka to Ta on left line, Tha to Sa on right line, Ha to Ksha in centre.
14. Ha Sa Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yum to the Bliss Bhairava Vaushat. Sa Ha Ksha Ma La Va Ra Yim to the Wine Devi Vaushat.
15. Aim Klim Sauh in Nectar, born from Nectar, the Nectar Devi, the Showerer of Nectar, Flood! Flood! with Nectar Svaha.
16. Aim Speak! Speak! Utterer of Speech! Aim Klim Sauh with Moisture, Moisture Devi Moisten! Make, make great agitation! Klim Sauh. Make, make Liberation! Sauh.
17. Om Hrim Hamsah That I Am Svaha. Aim Klim Sauh, 0 Tripurasundari, Protect! Protect me!
18. Hrim Klim Sauh to the seat of Devi Maha Tripura Sundari's Being Namah.
19. Haim Hklim Hsauh to the Chakra Seat of Shri Mahatripurasundari Namah.
20. Hsaum Hsklim Hssauh to the Seat full of All Mantra of Shri Mahatripurasundari Namah.
21. Hrim Klim Blem to the seat of the Sadhyas and Siddhas of Shri Mahatripurasundari Namah.
22. Aim Klim Sauh to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the heart hail.
23. Aim Hrim Shrim to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the head Svaha.
24. Aim Hrim Shrim to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the hair knot Vashat.
25. Aim Hrim Shrim to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the Armour Hum.
26. Aim Hrim Shrim to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the three Eyes Vaushat.
27. Aim Hrim Shrim to Shri Mahatripurasundari in the Astra Missile Phat.
28. Aim Klim Sauh I worship the padukas of Mahatripurasundari.
29. Aim Klim Sauh I offer libation to the padukas of Mahatripurasundari.
30. Half Moon: West to NE, turn round, return to West. Circular:Right hand extended, head bent. Staff: Rise, go back sane steps, fully prostrate. Eight Limbed: Touch ground with chin, mouth, nose, jaw, eye, ear cavity. Terrific:Touch ground with skull cavity.
31. These Yoginis are of a bright red colour, very beautiful, making the gestures dispelling anxiety and granting boons, with two other hands holding noose and good.
32. See elsewhere for meditation details.
33. They are red, restless with sexual desire.
34. The Kala Shaktis wear red, are red in colour, and carry noose and good.
35. They are of lovely symmetrical form with long hair.
36. Very beautiful, wearing red, full of desire, with dishevelled hair, carrying bow and five arrows.
37. They are white, dressed and adorned in white.
38. White and clear like the autumnal moon.
39. They are ruby, with four arms, holding book/rosary, curds, dispelling fear and granting boons.
40. Aim Hrim Shrim Dram Drim Klim Blum Sah to the All Devouring Arrows, to the Arrows Namah. I worship and libate the padukas of the Arrow Shakti, hail.
41. Aim Hrim Shrim Dham to the All Deluding Bow hail. I worship and libate the padukas of the Noose Shakti. Hail.
42. Aim Hrim Shrim Hrim to the All Subduing Noose hail. I worship and libate the padukas of the Noose Shakti. Hail.
43. Aim Hrim Shrim Krom to the All Paralysing Goad hail. I worship and libate the padukas of the Goad Shakti. Hail.
44. Aim Hrim Shrim the Vagbhava Section in the Fire Chakra at the Kamagiri Pitha, the Self of Mitrisha Nath, the Kameshvari Devi, the Self of Rudra, I worship and libate Her padukas, hail.
45. Aim Hrim Shrim the Kamaraja Section in the Sun Chakra at the Jalandhara Pitha, the Self of Shashtisha Nath, the Vajreshvari Devi, the Self of Vishnu, I worship and libate that Shakti 'S padukas, hail.
46. Aim Hrim Shrim the Shakti Section in the Moon Chakra at the Purnagiri Pitha, the Self of Oddyana Nath, the Bhagamalini Devi, the Self of Brahma, I worship and libate that Shakti's padukas, hail.
47. Aim Hrim Shrim The Shri Root Section in the Brahma Circle at Oddyana Pitha, the Self of Charya Nath, the Shri Mahatripurasundari Devi, the Shakti with the Self of the Supreme Absolute, I worship and libate Her padukas, hail.
48. Aim, in my rosary, in my great rosary, the form of all Shakti in which dwell the four aims (of mankind), bestow siddhi on me.
49. Glaum may You make no obstacles in the rosary!
50. Yam to the Yoginis, all letters of the Yoginis Hum Phat Svaha.
51. Ksham &e. Lord of the Soil, take! Take the incense and light offering Svaha.
52. Gam &c. to Ganapati, Boon Giver, Subdue All Living Things! Take, take the offering Svaha.
53. Blom hail to Vatuka. Come here! Son of Devi, Vatuka Natha, wearing a garland of skulls, three eyed, fiery-faced, destroy! Destroy all enemies! Take! Take all the ritual accessory offerings together! Svaha.
54. Spirits in the service of Kubera.
55. Species of malignant demon.
56. Flesh eating demon.